A CAREER IN MASSAGE THERAPY
1. IS A CAREER IN MASSAGE THERAPY FOR YOU? Do you like working with people and enjoy caring for others? Can you work quietly, independently and do you have strong communication skills?
2. DISCOVER THE WORLD OF MASSAGE THERAPY. You will be trained in the fundamentals. Swedish Massage, Deep Tissue Massage, and Trigger Point Therapy are usually taught by most massage therapy programs. However, there are many other forms of bodywork out there, research them all.
3. TRAINING FOR YOUR CAREER AS A MASSAGE THERAPIST. Find a program that suits your needs by contacting local training schools and programs.
4. FINDING A JOB. Once you’ve finished your training, it’s time to start working as a massage therapist! One way to find employment as a massage therapist is to check with the school or training program you attended. You can also check your local paper and online employment sites.
5. START YOUR OWN BUSINESS. If you’ve dreamt of being your own boss, a career in massage therapy can be the perfect way to go. Keep in mind that being your own boss means just that—you decide on everything from how many hours you work, how many clients you see, and how to set up your office.