What you will need:
• Glass container, cleaned • Small stones for drainage • Charcoal
• Potting soil
• Chopsticks or kitchen tongs
1. Gently slide the stones or gravel into the base of a clean glass container, use enough to provide drainage.
2. Add a bit of activated charcoal on top of the stones; this will help to keep the soil fresh.
3. Add new soil, fill until contents are about 1/3 the height of the container. Create holes in the soil for your plants.
4. Add plants after brushing any loose soil off the roots. Plant them securely in the soil.
5. Add ornamentations such as figurines, moss, rocks, shells or driftwood for aesthetic appeal.
Our supplies, the boys picked out some containers at the thrift store while I found a great glass enclosure at Ikea.