Take this Super Quiz to a Ph.D. Score 1 point for each correct answer on the Freshman Level, 2 points on the Graduate Level and 3 points on the Ph.D. Level.
Subject: CULTURAL LITERACY (e.g., Which foreign country did President Trump visit first? Answer: Saudi Arabia.)
1. This island was the chief U.S. immigration station from 1892 to 1943. 2. FBI agents gunned down this bank robber outside a theater in Chicago. 3. Who was the central character in the Chappaquiddick incident? GRADUATE LEVEL
4. Provide the last name: Ralph Waldo ____.
5. Who is credited with the remark, “I never met a man I didn’t like”? 6. Provide the next line: “Jesus loves me, this I know.”
7. Who wrote the words to “The Star Spangled Banner”?
8. Their works include “H.M.S. Pinafore” and “The Mikado.”
9. Quote the first line of the poem “To the Virgins, to Make Much of Time.” SCORING:
18 points — congratulations, doctor; 15 to 17 points — honors graduate; 10 to 14 points — you’re plenty smart, but no grind; 4 to 9 points — you really should hit the books harder; 1 point to 3 points — enroll in remedial courses immediately; 0 points — who reads the questions to you?