Farm and ranch wa­ter in­fra­struc­ture pro­gram at Swift Cur­rent Creek

Prairie Post (East Edition) - - Farm News - CONTRIBUTE­D

In ad­di­tion to the Farm Ste­ward­ship Pro­gram un­der the new Cana­dian Agri­cul­tural Part­ner­ship (CAP) which re­placed the Grow­ing For­ward 2 pro­gram that ended March 31, 2018; The Swift Cur­rent Creek Water­shed Stew­ards (SCCWS) will also be as­sist­ing ap­pli­cants in the Farm and Ranch Wa­ter In­fra­struc­ture Pro­gram ap­pli­ca­tion process.

CAP is a five-year $388 mil­lion in­vest­ment by fed­eral and pro­vin­cial gov­ern­ments in strate­gic ini­tia­tives for Saskatchew­an agri­cul­ture. SCCWS will pro­vide ap­pli­ca­tion as­sis­tance to the En­vi­ron­men­tal Sus­tain­abil­ity and Cli­mate Change com­po­nent of CAP pro­gram­ming.

The Farm and Ranch Wa­ter In­fra­struc­ture Pro­gram is also a com­po­nent of CAP; fund­ing dugout, pipe­line, and well projects at 50% of the el­i­gi­ble project costs. These projects do not need pre- ap­proval.

Prior to the start of a project an eli­gi­bil­ity check­list should be com­pleted and is re­quired to be sub­mit­ted with the re­bate forms.

Pre-ap­provals and ad­di­tional per­mits will be re­quired when the project lo­ca­tion land is des­ig­nated un­der the Wildlife Habi­tat Eco­log­i­cal Lands Des­ig­na­tion Reg­u­la­tions, has a Crown Con­ser­va­tion Ease­ment reg­is­tered on the ti­tle, or is des­ig­nated as Crit­i­cal Habi­tat for a species at risk un­der the Species at Risk Act.

Aquatic Habi­tat Pro­tec­tion Per­mits may be re­quired for dugout projects. Pre-ap­provals are re­quired for well de­com­mis­sion­ing and wa­ter devel­op­ment projects that do not fit un­der the nor­mal dugout, well and pipe­line re­quire­ments. Fund­ing for well de­com­mis­sion­ing is 90% up to $10, 000 per project.

If you are plan­ning to im­ple­ment projects and ac­cess CAP fund­ing over the next five years note that there have been changes made to eli­gi­bil­ity.

If you own, lease or rent prop­erty where live­stock and poul­try are grown, kept, as­sem­bled or dis­posed of, a Premises Iden­ti­fi­ca­tion Num­ber (PID) is re­quired for all ap­pli­ca­tions to be ap­proved.

For more in­for­ma­tion on any of these pro­grams please call SCCWS at 306-770-4606 or visit saskatchew­ to re­view ap­pli­ca­tions, eli­gi­bil­ity check­lists, and other de­tails per­tain­ing to projects that you are in­ter­ested in. You can also con­tact the Agri­cul­tural Knowl­edge Cen­ter at 1-866457-2377.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Canada

© PressReader. All rights reserved.