Parks Canada invites Canadians to Grasslands National Park for the Grasslander Classic event on July 28th
As the country's largest tourism provider, Parks Canada is committed to providing visitors with exceptional and meaningful experiences at our places and is continually looking for fun, innovative ways to engage Canadians in their natural and cultural heritage.
Parks Canada invites visitors to join us in Grasslands National Park for the Grasslander Classic event on July 28. The adventure begins at 2 p.m. in the Frenchman Valley Campground located in the West Block of Grasslands National Park, near the Village of Val Marie.
Enjoy the day in true prairie style, kayaking the heart of the Frenchman River, touring the bison handling facility, all before gathering on the wagon to hear stories of the open range. Be sure to try your hand at archery and rally your team to play in the ball hockey tournament. Join in the excitement at the kids activity pavilion and dance the night away at the outdoor concert event with Guy & the Fellas and Buck$hot, featuring Canadian Idol finalist Tyler Lewis. Tickets will be available at the gate to the Frenchman Valley Campground in the West Block of Grasslands National Park on the day of the event.
To reserve a campsite in the Frenchman Valley Campground call 1-877-737-3783 or visit www.reservation.parkscanada.gc.ca. Please note: event ticket fees do not include camping fees. In the event that the campground is fully reserved, all people wishing to camp will be accommodated in the overflow areas. You can self-register for overflow camping upon arrival, reservations are not necessary.
Through events like the Grasslander Classic, Parks Canada is providing Canadians with an opportunity to celebrate Canada’s rich history and connect with Grassland National Park’s iconic prairie wildlife and each other.
Millions of Canadians celebrated Canada 150 with free admission to Parks Canada’s places in 2017 and more Canadians than ever before had amazing experiences. Building on that success, the Government has announced free admission to Parks Canada’s places for youth aged 17 and under, starting in 2018 and beyond.
• Parks Canada manages a nation-wide network of 171 national historic sites, 46 national parks, one national urban park, and four national marine conservation areas.
• Grasslands National Park of Canada has been established to preserve and present a representative portion of the Canadian mixed grass prairie ecosystem.
• Grasslands National Park is divided into two distinct parts – the West block, featuring varied landscapes of the Frenchman River Valley and home to some of Canada’s rarest wildlife; and the East Block, providing visitors with breathtaking views of the badlands and dinosaur fossils exposed in the eroding layers of earth. The West Block is located approximately one hour south of Swift Current, SK, and the East Block is approximately two hours south of Moose Jaw, SK. TWEET [email protected]a invites Canadians to #GrasslandsNP for the Grasslander Classic event on July 28, 2018
• Canadians are encouraged to order their Parks Canada Discovery Passes online. Discovery Passes are also available at Parks Canada’s entry gates and visitor centres. Please visit the Parks Canada’s web site for more information.
• As in the past, our partners, such as Mountain Equipment Co-op (MEC), will be selling Discovery Passes as of January 2018. Please visit the webpage of a partner location near you for details.
• Parks Canada will continue to offer free admission to new Canadian citizens for one-year through the Institute for Canadian Citizenship’s Cultural Access Pass Program.
• Enter Parks Canada’s Discover Canada contest for a chance to win an amazing trip to Canada’s west coast and other bi-weekly prizes, including Discovery Passes, merchandise, and more. In collaboration with our proud partners: MEC, CIBC, and Air Canada.