Community Services fall programming set to begin
While Mother Nature might disagree about the name of the season, the City of Swift Current Community Services Division is happy to announce that two of its staple Fall Programs are set to return shortly.
• Walking for Wellness, a program designed to provide a safe place for individuals to walk and keep “in motion” during the Fall and Winter months, will be launching both morning and evening opportunities for public participation.
• Walking for Wellness – Morning Edition (Begins Thursday, October 25th);
When: Monday – Friday from 8:30 – 10:30 a.m.; Where: The Stockade at Kinetic Park (1100 11th Avenue Northeast);
Cost: $1/day or $4/week.
• Walking for Wellness – Evening Edition (Begins Monday, October 15th)
When: Monday & Thursdays from 6:30 – 8:00 PM Where: Swift Current Comprehensive High School (1700 17th Avenue Southeast)
• Tots Play is a drop-in program that is offered to parents and tots as an opportunity to escape the cold and enjoy indoor play, including soft play equipment and toys that allow families to interact with each other.
• Tots Play (Begins Thursday, October 25th); When: Monday & Thursdays from 8:30 – 11:30 a.m.; Where: Swift Current Comprehensive High School (1700 17th Avenue Southeast);
Cost: $2/Family per Drop-in.
• Under the Tots Play umbrella, beginning November 1st, the popular Pound Fitness with Shauna will return on Thursdays from 9:15 – 10 a.m. Beginning November 26th, Munch ‘N Move – a new program designed for 2 – 4-year-olds and their parents – will run for four weeks on Mondays from 9:30 – 10:30 a.m.
Additionally, the Swift Transit Blue Line will provide transportation to the Stockade for both of these programs each day at 8:45, 9:45 and 10:45 a.m.Community Services – Promoting Healthy Lifestyles in our Community. For more information, please contact Community Services at (306)778-2787 or visit www.swiftcurrent.ca/play.