Government of Canada launches Job Bank app so Canadians can browse jobs more easily
(CNW) Canadians need access to Government resources when and where it is convenient for them. That is why Nov. 8, the Honourable Patty Hajdu, Minister of Employment, Workforce Development and Labour, officially launched the Job Bank mobile application—the Government of Canada's next step in their goal to provide Canadians with digital services that work for them.
Job Bank is a free, bilingual website that provides access to timely, reliable and comprehensive job market information to help Canadians make informed career decisions.
The app, available on the App Store and Google Play, offers a secure, simple and integrated service experience that focuses on the most popular features of the site: Job Search and Job Alerts. Users can search through tens of thousands of good Canadian jobs and create Job Alerts based on their search criteria, letting opportunities come to them. Since its debut in early 2018, the app has already proven to be popular, with over 50,000 downloads and 438,000 job searches already performed.
The new app also offers Canadians:
• easy on-the-go job searching;
• customized job searches to meet the needs of applicants across Canada;
• use of geo-location to find jobs in a specified local area;
• the ability to add jobs to a favourites list for future applications;
• a free, secure space to view jobs; and
• a new platform to promote employers' jobs to thousands of potential employees.