Virtual breed shows headline Agribition’s suite of digital and live programs in 2020
Canadian Western Agribition (CWA) is unveiling its full suite of programs for 2020, headlined by the most comprehensive multi-breed virtual cattle show series in Canada; the Agribition Evolution Series, presented by RBC and supported by the Canadian Beef Breeds Council.
The Evolution Series is a fully virtual purebred beef show that will feature 11 breeds with Grand Champion Bulls and Females from each breed competing for the Evolution Series Supreme Champion title. The Evolution Supreme Champions will receive a Champion Banner and $1,000 credit towards Agribition's 50th show in 2021. Entries for the Evolution Series opened on September 22, 2020 and will remain open until October 22.
"We know that November won't be the same without Agribition,” says CWA President Chris Lees. "The Agribition Evolution Series is designed specifically for our exhibitors and will give them a chance to promote their cattle and programs to the industry and to the world."
CWA is also rolling out a virtual competition for youth; the Agribition Junior Spotlight, presented by BMO, as well a virtual Junior Judging Competition. The Agribition Junior Spotlight will mirror the Evolution Series with entries open until October 22, 2020 and CWA's Junior Judging competition will begin taking entries mid-October.
CWA is also proud to announce the following programs coming this fall:
• Maple Leaf Finals Rodeo TV (presented by MNP): A limited-episode series featuring a behind the scenes look at rodeo at CWA and across Canada, featuring contestant interviews and rodeo highlights.
• Rodeo 101 (presented by The Mosaic Co.): An educational video series that explains the sport, rules, athleticism, and animal care that are all part of the Maple Leaf Circuit Finals at Agribition and rodeos across Canada.
• Agribition's Top 50 in Canadian Ag (presented by Farm Credit Canada): A coast-to-coast campaign to find and celebrate the 50 most influential people in Canadian agriculture. From researchers to farmers to policy leaders, this program will highlight the very best in the industry.
• Agribition's Virtual Education Program: A free, fun, and easily accessible digital compilation of age-specific activities for teachers and students that highlight the same kind of ag education thousands of students experience at Agribition every year.
• Agribiton Commercial Cattle Exhibitor's Sale (powered by Performax): A live commercial cattle sale, in partnership with Johnstone's Auction Mart, held in Moose Jaw on November 28th. Entries are open now for existing and past CWA commercial exhibitors. The sale will be broadcasted online through DLMS.
• AgribitionConnect Exhibitor Showcase: A brand-new digital marketing service available to select CWA livestock and agriculture trade show exhibitors. AgribitionConnect will serve as a year-round multi-media platform for showcasing products and programs, as well as connecting exhibitors with CWA's extensive community of domestic and international buyers.
• Agribition Virtual Yards: A virtual space for CWA beef exhibitors, who traditionally market their programs within pens, to digitally showcase their operation, breeding program, and upcoming sales.
• Supreme Showdown (presented by RBC): A bracket-style competition between every Beef Supreme champion ever slapped at Agribition! Held exclusively online, champion bulls and females advance through votes until one Supreme winner is crowned as the champion of them all!
• Agribition All-Stars (presented by The Mosaic Co.): A social media shout-out to the volunteers who have kept Agribition going for a half century. We can never say 'thank you' enough, but we can shine a spotlight on their volunteer spirit.
• CWA Lifetime Shareholder Program: A limited number of ' shares' are being issued that will entitle the owner to a series of Agribition benefits, including a lifetime discount on livestock entry fees, rodeo tickets, drink tokens as well as VIP access to various CWA programs, lounges, and services. In addition to these new programs, CWA is also continuing several existing initiatives in 2020 including the Next Gen Agriculture Mentorship Program, BMO Celebrating Women in Ag Award, and the CWA Scholarship Program.
"When it became clear we couldn't host Agribition the way we all wanted to in 2020, we went to work on building an Agribition experience that still offers a variety of competition, marketing, entertainment, and education opportunities," says CWA CEO Chris Lane. Full details of each of the new programs will be online at www.agribition. com as they become available. Entries for the Evolution Series, Junior Spotlight, and Commercial Exhibitor's Sale are currently open.