Prairie Post (East Edition)
Swift Current's Safe Places' Youth Certification is moving online
Safe Places – Youth Certification in Swift Current is celebrating six years of implementation.
Organizers have had over 2,700 people Youth Certified during that time and have generated incredible community support for the initiative. Most of our Youth Service Providers have mandated Youth Certification and many other businesses and organizations have implemented the Youth Certification standard, recognizing the significance of the program for our community.
In May 2022, Safe Places – Youth Certification will move to an online where all applications will be submitted online and no longer in person at the RCMP detachment.
The certification itself will continue to require a valid criminal background and vulnerable sector check along with a Respect Group training certificate; however, the other components of the certification process will change.
• Four-year certification as opposed to three;
• Digital Certificate emailed and available via Online Portal;
• Youth Certified Individuals are registered and searchable in a new Online Public Directory;
• Annual Declaration required to maintain your certification status.
Applicants will be required to register for an ONLINE PORTAL ACCOUNT and submit the required paperwork for Youth Certification. All recertification for current Youth Certified individuals will also take place online and details related to this process will be available online at safeplaces.ca.
• Suspension and Revoking Capabilities;
• Safe Places Affiliation for Organizations and Businesses, offering specialized support, reporting and other services.
May 8th - In Person Applications will no longer be accepted.
May 16th – All New Applications will be accepted ONLINE .
May 25th – All Recertifications will be available ONLINE.
There will be a short holding period for those wishing to certify/recertify related to the key dates as the new system is launched.
Organizers encourage everyone to visit www. SafePlaces.ca, for all the new details related to Safe Places – Youth Certification.