Connecting made easy with social media
Using Instagram is a great way to share photos and videos from your phone. You can only post from your phone, but you can view Instagram profiles on other devices. You will see the profile posts only if the account is public.
Instagram is the fastest-growing platform for social media, but many people don’t want to create two posts for Facebook and Instagram. Here is how to connect your two accounts, so you only have to post on Instagram and the post will go to your Facebook account as well.
1. Open your profile page on Instagram.
2. In the upper right corner, tap on the three lines.
3. Tap on Settings at the bottom.
4. Scroll down until you see Linked Accounts under the Privacy and Security section. Tap on Linked Accounts.
5. Tap on Facebook or choose another account (e.g. Twitter).
6. Instagram will request access to your Facebook account.
7. Instagram will select your Facebook account. Tap on the Facebook account.
8. You will see Preferences. You can choose to share your stories and posts automatically to your Facebook account. If you don’t want to share everything on your Facebook account, don’t select this.
You can control the posts you want on Facebook each time you post on Instagram. After selecting your photo or video and writing your post, at the bottom of the page you will see your Facebook account linked. If you wish to share the post to Facebook, select the Facebook account option. You now have your two accounts linked. Happy posting!
Bonus Instagram tips
• When selecting a photo or video to share, you can resize it by tapping on the circle with two arrows on the left-hand side of the screen to adjust the size.
• You can share up to 10 photos in one post. Select the photo you want to share, then tap on the circle with the two squares in it on the right-hand side of the screen. The photo you selected will become number 1 and you can tap on the other photos to share.
Posting on Instagram and Facebook at the same time is made easy with simple steps.