St-Germain Soup (Fresh Pea Soup)
Serves 4 to 6 Ingredients
• 2 onions, thinly sliced
• 2 tbsp butter
• 5 cups (1.25 litres) chicken broth
• 1 potato, peeled and cubed
• 4 cups (600 g) frozen green peas
• 2 cups (500 ml) chopped lettuce (such as green leaf, romaine, etc.)
• 1/2 cup (125 ml) 15% cooking cream (optional)
• Fresh chervil
1. In a pot, soften the onions in the butter. Add the broth and potato and bring to a boil. Simmer for about 20 minutes or until the potato is tender.
2. Add the peas and lettuce and bring to a boil. Simmer for about 2 minutes. In a blender, purée the soup until smooth. Strain. Add the cream, if desired. Season with salt and pepper.
3. When serving, garnish with croutons and chervil.