Pork Cutlets with Marsala Sauce
Serves 4 Ingredients
• 1 tbsp cornstarch
• 1 3/4 cups (430 ml) chicken broth
• 1 lb (450 g) small pork cutlets
• 1/4 cup (40 g) unbleached allpurpose flour
• 2 tbsp butter
• 1/2 cup (125 ml) Marsala wine
1. In a small bowl, whisk the cornstarch and 1/4 cup (60 ml) of the broth until smooth. Set aside.
2. In a pot, bring the remaining broth to a boil and let reduce by half. Set aside.
3. Meanwhile, on a work surface, place the cutlets between two layers of plastic wrap and flatten with a flat meat mallet or rolling pin. Season with salt and pepper.
4. On a large plate, dredge the pork in the flour and shake to remove any excess.
5. In a large stainless steel skillet over high heat, brown 2 to 3 cutlets at a time in the butter. Add more butter, if needed. Set aside on a plate and keep warm.
6. Deglaze the skillet with the Marsala and bring to a boil, scraping to loosen any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Let the sauce reduce by half. Whisk in the reduced broth and the cornstarch mixture. Simmer for 2 minutes and adjust the seasoning.
7. Drizzle the sauce over the cutlets and serve with mashed potatoes and a green vegetable.