COOKING WITH RICARDO
Hearty Noodle Soupe with Squash and Tofu
Serves 4 Ingredients
• 1 acorn squash, peeled, seeded and cut into wedges 1/2 inch (1.5 cm) thick
• 1 onion, cut into thin wedges
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
• 5 cups (1.25 litres) unsalted vegetable broth
• 1/4 cup (60 ml) soy sauce
• 2 tsp (10 ml) Sriracha
• 1 tsp (5 ml) toasted sesame oil
• 1 1/2 cups (225 g) frozen corn kernels
• 2 carrots, peeled and julienned
• 1/2 lb (225 g) spaghetti, cooked
• 1 lb (450 g) silken tofu, cubed
• 2 green onions, thinly sliced
1. With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to
425F (220C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. On the prepared sheet, toss the squash and onion with the oil. Roast for 25 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and golden brown. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Meanwhile, in a large pot, bring the broth, soy sauce, Sriracha, sesame oil, corn and carrots to a boil. Simmer for 2 minutes or until the carrots are al dente.
4. Divide the spaghetti and soup among four bowls. Add the tofu and vegetables and top with the green onions.