COOKING WITH RICARDO
Quick Salmon Confit Sandwiches
Serves 12 sandwiches Ingredients
• 1 lb (450 g) skinless salmon
• 3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil
• 2 tbsp basil, finely chopped
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) mayonnaise
• 2 tsp (10 ml) Dijon mustard
• 1 small shallot, finely chopped
• 1 avocado, thinly sliced
• 1/2 lime, juice only
• 8 slices white sandwich bread
1. In a 9 x 5-inch (23 x 14 cm) glass dish, coat the salmon in the oil. Cover with plastic wrap. Cook in the microwave oven 1
minute at a time, for a total of about 2 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked. Refrigerate for 1 hour until completely cooled. Drain.
2. In a bowl, shred the salmon with a fork. Add the basil, mayonnaise, mustard and shallot. Season with salt and pepper. Toss gently.
3. Drizzle the avocado slices with the lime juice.
4. Spread the salmon filling on 4 slices of bread and top with the avocado. Close the sandwiches. Press down lightly to flatten them, trim the crusts if desired, and cut into 3 rectangles each.