TOFINO: EXPERIENCE THE REAL WEST COAST
Experience the Real West Coast You could say that Tofitians, also known as residents of Tofino, have mastered the art of laidback coastal living. Plan your time in Tofino and celebrate the season like the locals do.
How to Skip Into Spring the Tofitian Way: 1. Witness giants of the marine mammal kind. A whale watching tour in Tofino often yields a mosaic of wildlife sightings, including Gray and Humpback whales (with the thrill of transient orcas at times), sea lions, seals, sea otters and more.
2. Be moved. Paddle the calm waters of Clayoquot Sound on a stand-up paddle board (SUP) or a sea kayak and take in the traditional territory of the Tla-o-qui-aht people.
3. Light your fire. Beach fire, that is. Locals will tell you that time is always well spent by a crackling flame and the sound of waves.
4. Go fish. Sweet, delicate spot prawns can be fished year-round in our inshore waters. 5. Take a hike. Whether you opt to hike up Lone Cone in Meares Island Tribal Park, amble along the Tonquin Trail or follow one of the many paths in Pacific Rim National Park Reserve, your choices are many.
6. Get stoked! Get amped! In other words, get excited to pull on a wetsuit and learn to surf with fun and knowledgeable instructors.
7. Hit it. The Long Beach Golf Course celebrated its 30-year anniversary in 2015, and the location can’t be beat, adjacent to Pacific Rim National Park Reserve and minutes from… Long Beach.
8. Dine out, literally. Enjoy outdoor dining, from Shelter Restaurant’s chic, covered patio to Sobo’s fireplace-heated seating, from the rustic setting at Wildside Grill to the Driftwood Café’s beachside patio at the Wickaninnish Inn.
9. Put your feet up. It’s always spa time on the Real West Coast. Complement your beach or water time with a variety of soothing treatments.
10. Picture yourself here. Capture your West Coast moments in photos, writing, maybe drawing or painting. Join our thriving arts community and keep your eyes peeled for original works throughout our coast, found in our eateries, accommodations, galleries and more. It’s the art of West Coast living.
Find your travel inspiration at www.therealwestcoast.ca