RAMILLIES CHANNEL C6
A. Howe Sound Marine - Located in Lions Bay Marina, your one stop for all your marine services and repairs for stern drives, out-boards, diesel and gas engines, electrical, tuneups and much more.
1. Government float in this nice small bay. Respect private buoys and wharfs to the east and west.
2. Halkett Bay – Named after Sir Peter Halkett. Provides good anchorage and great shelter. Halkett Bay Provincial Marine Park is a 40 ha (100 ac) recreational reserve with onshore toilets.
3. Halkett Point – Named after Sir Peter Halkett who served with Lord Howe in 1794. Watch for drying rocks on the east side of the point.
4. Good fishing along these shores, keep an eye out for changing winds.
5. Brigade Bay – Named after the Vancouver Boys Brigade; provides some anchorage. The best shelter on the east side of Gambier. Good fishing close to the shores north and south.
6. Nice bay with some sandy beaches; good anchorage and great shelter from south winds.
7. Ramillies Channel – Named after the H.M.S. Ramillies and captained by Captain Henry Harvey.
8. Anvil Island – Named on June 14, 1792, by Capt. Vancouver in accordance with the shape of its 760 m (2,500 ft) mountain.
9. Irby Point – Named after Honorable Frederick Paul Irby, midshipman of the Montagu in the battle of the “Glorious First” in June, 1794. Daybreak Point Bible Camp is in the middle of two beautiful bays surrounding Daybreak Point just to the west of Irby Point. You will notice a 10 m (30 ft) water slide on one of the docks.
10. Great place to anchor with shelter from Squamish winds. Some good scuba diving at the point.
11. Christie Islet is a bird sanctuary for the glaucous-winged gull, pigeon guillemots, and longnecked cormorants.
12. Pam Rock – Reported as a sea gull nesting colony in 1960 and is home of the double-crested cormorants. Expect to see some seal colonies here.
13. Montagu Channel – Named after the H.M.S. Montagu and captained by James Montagu. He was killed in the battle of the “Glorious First” of June, 1794.
14. This large bay will provide you with shelter from north winds. The centre of the bay closer to shore is a good anchorage area.
15. Alberta Bay – Good anchorage and shelter from north winds. Brunswick Beach is just around the point to the north where M Creek is located.
16. Lions Bay – Beautiful homes with great views; respect private buoys. Lions Bay Beach Club is for members only and has a small park with a children’s play-ground.
17. Newman Creek – North of Ocean Point are beautiful homes