C17A NORTH PUGET SOUND - USA
1. Mulkilteo – Located at Elliott Point and is a known location for its Ferry travel to Whidbey Island. There are seasonal Port owned mooring floats at the North end of the Ferry terminal for visiting boaters. Short stays are preferred but overnight moorage may be available. There are many restaurants within walking distance.
2. Edmonds is known as the Gem of the Puget Sound. There is plenty of short term and overnight moorage available. The Port provides showers, laundry facilities, restrooms, fuel, and boat launch for both tenants and guests.
3. Hiram M. Chittenden Locks – Boats are lifted or lowered into Puget Sound or Lake Washington. The locks are in operation 24 hours a day. You may experience a bit of a wait but it is worth the experience. Lake Washington moorage is very limited so be prepared.
4. Shilshole Bay Marina - Shilshole Bay Marina’s exceptional accommodations provide year-round secure moorage for guest boats up to 250’, with protected berths, wide fairways and floating concrete docks fully equipped with all the conveniences you need. On arrival at the marina, please call the marina office at VHF 17, 206-728-3006 or 206-601-4089 for assignment.
5. Kenmore is the Gateway to the Sammamish River. Please follow the 5 mile speed limit in the area and watchout for float planes! Lighted markers outline the channel however grounding has occurred. Transient moorage is available at Harbor Village Marina by appointment only.
6. Juanita Bay – small boats may be able to beach at Juanita Beach Park. Anchorage is possible in the shallow area near the beach.
7. Kirkland has over 6.4 km (4 mi) of waterfront on Lake Washington. Moorage is available at Moss Bay Marina, Kirkland’s Marina Park and Carillion Point Marina. Several waterfront restaurants maintain private docks for guest moorage while dining.
8. Bellevue is one of the largest cities in the State and offers over 520 m (1700 ft) of excellent beach. A park south of the East Channel offers a dock with swimming access.
9. Mercer Island has many luxurious homes with private docks so be courteous of privacy. On the north shore in the Luther Burbank park there are facilities for boaters. Day moorage is available for approximately 30 boats.
10. Renton has a 24 hour boat launch and short term mooring available. You will be able to watch Boeing aircraft take-offs and landings. You will find visitor moorage at Gene Coulton Memorial Beach Park
11. Andrews Bay has short term anchorage available. The approved area is defined by two buoys marked with “A” indicating the northwest and southwest corners of the anchorage zone. Shore markers note the northeast and southeast corners. Anchorage is limited ONLY to this area. A 72-hour maximum stay within any seven day period is permitted. Lakewood Moorage, which is located northwest of anchorage area, has a small store with marine supplies and snacks.
12. Lake Union’s waterfront is a vibrant community. Temporary moorage may be found at several waterfront restaurants and at various marinas such as Chandlers Cove (425) 453-2500 and HC Henry Marina. Be sure to visit the Armchair Sailor Books and Charts.
13. When you cruise into Seattle, you are reaching a destination city that is one of the most breathtaking along the West Coast. You will find moorage at Bell Harbor Marina. On Pier 66 just minutes from Pike Place Market, Bell Harbor Marina offers easy access to Seattle’s
finest restaurants and downtown shopping. Guest moorage is available year-round for up to 80 recreational vessels in slips ranging from 25 feet to 120 feet. Moorage can also be found at many of the modern marina’s in the area.
Des Moines is coined the “Waterland City” and has an 840 slip marina with plenty of guest moorage available. Check in at the fuel facility.
The City of Redondo Beach has been a preferred resort destination for more than a century. A coastline and beaches rivaling the most beautiful Mediterranean resorts, a pleasure pier for strolling, shopping and dining, a sport fishing fleet, a harbour with many seaside restaurants and cafes – all contribute to a unique and relaxing seaside ambience.
If you are looking for a location for guest moorage in Tacoma, the city has five transient slips available at Ruston Way’s Old Town Dock. These are available on a first-come, first-served basis at no charge. These are seasonal slips and are not available during the winter months. There are also two public transient moorage floats available on Foss Waterway. Both are located on the west side of the waterway. Both have no power, electricity or water, but are close to services, restaurants and transportation. Commercial marinas in Tacoma have guest moorage available with services.
Visit Gig Harbor (Washington’s Maritime Village) and enjoy fine dining, first class accommodations, unique shopping, recreation, year-around events and much more.
Purdy is the gateway to the beautiful Key Peninsula and is known for its warm, friendly people. Located halfway between the maritime community of Gig Harbor, bustling with galleries and activities, and the much quieter Key Peninsula, Purdy welcomes visitors!
Vashon Maury Island has 2 public marinas. Dockton Park on Maury Island has picnic facilities, public restrooms, shower facilities, swimming area and a playground. Quartermaster Marina is located in Burton’s inner Quartermaster Harbor. Please call in advance for space availability and to make reservations at 206-463-3624. Quartermaster Yacht Club is also located in Burton’s inner Quartermaster Harbor. You must have reciprocal membership from another yacht club to dock.
Arriving by water, you’ll find a large public marina making Port Orchard a favoured boating destination. Marina Park, with its boardwalk and covered gazebo, offers beach access and is the site of the summer outdoor Farmer’s Market.
Bremerton, the largest city on the Kitsap Peninsula, is home of the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard.
The Port of Poulsbo guest marina is open 365 days a year and has 130 visitor slips. Access to shops and restaurants makes this a popular boating destination.
The Port of Kingston Marina has 40 guest slips and shower & laundry facilities. The marina is within walking distance of shops and restaurants. The community hosts a variety of events during the year, including its popular Farmer’s Market, held on Saturdays mid-april to mid-october at the Port of Kingston Marina Park, next to the ferry dock.
Allyn overlooks the shoreline of North Bay-case Inlet on Puget Sound. Boat launching and moorage facilities are available at the Allyn Pier, owned and operated by the Port of Allyn.
A short day trip from nearly any port in Puget Sound, Fair Harbor Marina is a popular boating destination. Located in Grapeview, Washington, halfway between Bremerton and Shelton off State Route 3, the marina rests on the peaceful shoreline of Case Inlet in south Puget Sound.
With views of the majestic Olympic mountains, Swantown Marina & Boatworks invites you to experience the pleasure and convenience of South Sound boating. Within minutes of downtown Olympia’s vibrant waterfront parks, shops and restaurants, Swantown is your gateway to Washington’s Capital City. Guest moorage is available.
Welcome to Boston Harbor Marina. They are located in the historic community of Boston Harbor. The marina is a quaint Northwest establishment offering waterfront access and general marine related services. It’s a great place to view the sights, access the water or just have a dockside picnic while enjoying the beauty of the South Sound.
The Key Peninsula, west of Gig Harbor is a beautiful peninsula made up of 195 sq km (75 sq mi) at low tide and 170 sq km (65 sq mi) at high tide and offers wonderful forested parks and scenic views as well as agricultural and maritime history.