• It is estimated that over 90 per cent of all consumer products and foodstuffs are shipped by truck.
• There are over 200,000 trucks on Ontario roads on any given day.
• About two- thirds of Canada-United States trade by value is moved by truck.
• Nearly 7 million trucks cross the Canada-US border every year.
• About 200,000 people in Ontario make their living in the trucking sector.
• Experienced drivers can make $75,000 annually. Yet there is a looming driver shortage Canada-wide. By 2020, the shortfall is expected to be 35,000 drivers with the problem being most acute in Ontario.