BY STEVEN WARBURTON
Staff The Glengarry County Archives just got a lot richer, thanks to a donation from the United Counties of StormontDundas-Glengarry.
At its Feb. 16 meeting, the counties donated five maps and eight volumes of historical documents to the archives, which are located at the northern end of Glengarry District High School in Alexandria.
The historical documents will be for archival purposes and public access.
Valued at $60,000 the donation includes an 1823 hand-drawn map from Surveyor Browne, detailing a new county road to explorer and fur trader Simon Fraser’s Mills at St. Andrews.
( Photo) Warden Jamie MacDonald presented the donation to Allan MacDonald, County Archivist for the Glengarry County Archives.