QUINN’S INN: The Inn in St. Andrews West was built in 1865 as a hotel and tavern for John Sandfield Macdonald, who was Ontario’s first Premier, serving from 1867 to 1871. On St. Andrew’s Day of 1865, he held a party at the partly completed hostelry where it was reported that 600 to 700 young people danced Scottish reels. Between 1895 and 1989 the building operated as a store. It was returned to its original purpose as a restaurant and banquet hall in 1991. It takes its name Quinn’s Inn from Nolan Quinn who along with Bryan Barker restored the building in 1990. This photo was taken in 1900 when Quinn’s Inn was a store operated by Elizabeth and William Masterston.