SCRAP­BOOK COR­NER

The Glengarry News - - The Opinion Page -

FRONT PAGE NEWS: This wed­ding day photo of Wil­liam Kipp and Ann Sauvé graced the front page of the Septem­ber 1, 1966 edi­tion of TheNews. The bride was the daugh­ter of the late Cather­ine and Lawrence Sauvé, who owned The At­lantic Ho­tel, and the niece of the late Ll­loyd and Alexan­dra McHugh, own­ers of The Hub res­tau­rant. The groom, an Ot­tawan, was the son of the late Ber­ch­mans and Jeanne Kipp. The wed­ding party in­cluded the bride’s only sis­ter, Lynn, and the best man was the groom’s brother, the late Bert Kipp. The 1921 Tour­ing Model-T Ford, was owned by Lionel Phillips, of Green­field, and ar­ranged by a good friend of the fam­ily, the late Michael Bar­bara. The clas­sic touch was a “very pleas­ant sur­prise” for the bride. A re­cep­tion had been ar­ranged at the home of “Red” and Alex McHugh but rain forced the event to be held at The Hub. The wed­ding cake was a gift from a long-time chef and caterer, lov­ingly known as Mémère Charlebois.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Canada

© PressReader. All rights reserved.