SCRAPBOOK C ORNER

The Glengarry News - - The Opinion Page -

ALEXAN­DRIA, 1905: This Glen­garry County Ar­chives photo shows the view from Kenyon and Main in Alexan­dria, circa 1905. Plank side­walks and a dirt street stand out in the view look­ing south from Alexan­dria's busiest in­ter­sec­tion, writes County Archivist Al­lan MacDon­ald on the ar­chives Face­book page. The bank tower on the right was re­moved in 1938; Si­mon's Gen­eral Store, op­po­site, was a fam­ily-run busi­ness for over 50 years.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Canada

© PressReader. All rights reserved.