SCRAP­BOOK COR­NER

The Glengarry News - - The Opinion Page -

OA­SIS: In the sum­mer of 1950 Alexan­dria emp­tied the mill pond and, over a two-month pe­riod, cleaned up its shore­line, re­moved stumps and other de­bris, and pro­vided a sandy beach for the promised park. The new div­ing float, show in this Glen­garry County Ar­chives photo, was in­stalled by the Kins­men Club. The grand open­ing on Labour Day drew 5,000 de­spite the ad­verse weather, re­ports archivist Al­lan MacDon­ald. See more Ar­chives pho­tos on its Face­book page.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Canada

© PressReader. All rights reserved.