The North Glengarry Fire Department is being praised for its fast, effective and clean service after members quickly extinguished a chimney fire Saturday night. “They did a fantastic job, and there was no residual damage,” say Angel Road residents Joan and Richard Burton, who were impressed by the work of the Apple Hill, Maxville and Alexandria firefighters who handled the fire that broke out at about 9:30 p.m.
“It was amazing how quick they got here,” says Mr. Burton whose home is located about 600 feet from the public road. “The Apple Hill firefighters were here in ten minutes.” The firefighters quickly removed a burning log from the house. “You wouldn’t even know they were here,” says Mr. Burton.
The cause of the fire was a build-up of creosote.