The Guardian (Charlottetown)
AT A GLANCE
P.E.I.’s 1969 Land Development Corporation had as its objectives:
1. To assist the agriculture industry;
2. To acquire, develop and improve land;
3. To make land available to farmers;
4. To enable consolidation of farm lands;
5. To provide credit to farmers for land consolidation;
6. Generally to advance the interests of farmers in an economic and efficient manner in the province.
The corporation was eventually wound down, with most land sold off to farmers by 1990.