The Guardian (Charlottetown)
AT A GLANCE
Here are some tips for reducing plastic waste:
• Use reusable bags as many times as possible (not just a few times).
• Reuse any plastics you have as much as possible before throwing them out.
• Avoid using film plastics, such as those clear bags you see in the produce section of the grocery store (TIP: Invest in reusable produce bags, most grocery stores sell them).
• Ensure all your recyclables are rinsed out before recycling them.
• Don’t leave plastic bags lying loose in your car - keep them secured.
• Send letters to your local MLAs or politicians lobbying for stricter single-use plastic bans.
• Advocate for increased Extended Producer Responsibility across different markets.