Stick together at pumpkin festival
NORFOLK COUNTY — Big crowds are expected over the weekend for Waterford Pumpkinfest.
And parents and children should have a plan to find each other if they become separated, OPP advise.
Here are few tips:
• Teach children to stay calm and stay in one location if they become separated;
• Kids should approach a police officer, firefighter or paramedic for help if lost;
• Don’t lose sight of children; it’s easy for them to become separated from you in crowds;
• Establish a family meeting location to reconnect if separated;
• Dress children in bright or reflective clothing.
The festival runs through to Sunday.