1. Jakub Vrana turns up the torque on his stick before unloading a wrister for Game 5’s opening goal. Ready…aim…
2. Walls. People. You name it and Brett Connolly’s Caps will run through it. The target: who else? Poor Miller.
3. Bellemare is the stapler, Dmitry Orlov the staple. Five games into the series, the net-front battles ooze hatred.
4. How do you leave Ovechkin alone at the left post, a.k.a. his zip code? He makes Vegas pay on the power play.
5. A work of art? No. But a tying goal, in which David Perron piles into the Caps’ net, is beautiful to Tomas Tatar.
6. The camera lens reaches a diving Smith-Pelly in time. Fleury doesn’t. The Caps tie the game 3-3 in the third.