Pot treats sicken kids
OSHAWA (CP) — Two pupils at an elementary school in Oshawa fell ill after eating home-baked cannabis cookies, police said. One of the students took several cookies to school and ate them with a friend. Both were taken to hospital for observation. One of the student’s parents, who has a medical cannabis licence, had made the cookies for his consumption, police said, adding the Children’s Aid Society will be contacted to conduct a review. Police said they have taken the time to educate students, parents, caregivers and teachers about the dangers and risks of consuming drugs at such an early age.