Race on to finish behind Ledson for title
Things are about to wrap up for the 2019 Trailers Plus Ontario Legends Series (OLS) schedule, as teams head to Peterborough Speedway for the 27th running of the Autumn Colours Classic Friday to Sunday.
There’ll be action and excitement with every turn of the wheel, as the popular travelling group closes out another successful season.
Tour spokesperson Jeff Drimmie says the OLS drivers are as excited about running the season-ending event as they were at the opening date on the calendar.
“Its been a great year and every driver who has strapped into one of our cars has something to be proud of,” Drimmie said.
“We’ve had close to 45 different teams score points in at least one event this season and 35 of those showed-up a few weeks ago at Sunset. That gives our fan base a quality product every time they see an Ontario Legends Series event.”
Heading into the Autumn Colours Classic, presented by Lucas Oil Products and Pure Country 105, Nicholas Ledson holds a 176-point advantage over Parker Traves and could clinch the 2019 championship by simply taking the green flag Sunday afternoon — except he won’t be there.
Under OLS rules, drivers can drop a finish. And after a stellar local season Ledson will take 0 points for Autumn Colours, and skip fall finale to compete at the U.S. Asphalt Nationals at in Sawnsboro, N.C.
“That’s a decision that could keep the statisticians sharpening their pencils and working late into the night to calculate the final point standings,” Drimmie said.
“There are some tight battles all through the Top 10 in the overall points and quite a few positions could be changing hands before everything finally gets decided.”
Even though they’re a bit further down in the current standings, Glenn Morris, Rob MacDonnell and Zac Latimer — the three drivers in the hunt for the 2019 Rookie of the Year honour — are just 24 markers apart, with 654, 637 and 630 points respectively.
Trailers Plus Ontario Legends Series Top 10
1. Nicholas Ledson, No. 15n, 1533
2. Parker Traves, No. 60, 1357
3. Kenny McNicol Jr., No. 17m, 1328
4. Dawson Drimmie, No. 66, 1286
5. Adam Cuthbertson, No. 97, 1246
6. Cory Richardson, No. 21, 1045
7. Kevin Foisy, No. 57, 1001
8. Paul Pierik, No. 33, 954
9. Gregory Rudzik, No. 17r, 816
10. Andrew Massey, No. 37, 783
Clarke Motorsports Communications Challenge Cup Top 10
1. Nicholas Ledson, No. 17n, 375
2. Parker Traves, No. 60, 337
3. Adam Cuthbertson, No. 79, 321
4. Kenny McNicol Jr., No. 17m, 316
5. Dawson Drimmie, No. 66, 303
6. Kevin Foisy, No. 57, 280
7. Mark Griffin, No. 58, 279
8. Jeff Forsey, No. 55, 273
9. Cory Richardson, No. 21, 271
10. Paul Pierik, No. 33, 218 Trailers Plus, which offers new and used cargo, sport, utility and livestock trailers and car haulers at 2223 Drummond Line, has been the series’ title sponsor since 1986.
Nicholas Ledson has locked up the Trailers Plus Ontario Legends title, but there are positions to be decided this weekend in the finale at Peterborough Speedway’s Autumn Colours Classic.