Cig­a­rette butt source of bush fire

The Prince George Citizen - - Local -

Dis­as­ter for a 100 block Gor­don Cres­cent home was nar­rowly averted Sun­day morn­ing when a fast-act­ing neigh­bour used a gar­den hose to douse a smoul­der­ing bush out­side the front door.

The source ap­peared to have been a cig­a­rette butt dis­carded in a planter be­side the bush, Prince Ge­orge Fire Res­cue said.

The fire was out by the time fire­fight­ers had ar­rived. Crews adding up to 15 fire­fight­ers were called to the scene at 7:30 a.m.

No one was home at the time of the in­ci­dent and there were no in­juries. Dam­age is es­ti­mated at about $1,000.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Canada

© PressReader. All rights reserved.