The Telegram (St. John's)

Ontario teen’s charges now set for speedy dispositio­n

-

CORNER BROOK — Dealing with the theft charges a 16-year-old Ontario boy is facing in Newfoundla­nd has been delayed until late next week.

The boy, who is alleged to have stolen items from Alteen’s Jewellery in Corner Brook and a Telus Mobility store in Grand Fallswinds­or on May 11, had been expected to enter guilty pleas to those charges in provincial court in Corner Brook on Thursday. However, his legal aid lawyer, Peter Chaffey, told the court he was still trying to work out how the boy, who was not present, could sign the necessary documents. He said it looked like the youth probation office in Ontario could facilitate that and asked that the matter be set over so he could arrange a date and time for that to occur.

The matter will be called again on July 28 for speedy dispositio­n.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Canada