Chase the Ace back on for next week
The provincial government has completed a review of the July 19 Chase the Ace draw at St. Kevin’s parish in Goulds, and says the draw will proceed next week. The Chase the Ace draw and accompanying 50/50 draw originally scheduled for July 19 will take place Wednesday at 8 p.m. No more tickets will be sold for either of those draws.
Last week’s million dollar Chase the Ace draw was put on hold and a Service NL investigation launched after it was discovered multiple tickets had been printed with the same number. Service NL officials say there was a technical printing error that resulted in the duplicates, and they are confident there were only a limited number of them, all with the number 1378754. “There is no information to suggest any intentional wrongdoing or fraudulent activity has taken place,” they said in a media release. “There are sufficient antifraud mechanisms in the ticket printing process to prevent the production of counterfeit tickets.” People who bought Chase the Ace tickets last Wednesday with the number in question will be given replacement tickets for next week’s draw. To receive them, ticket holder must present the duplicate tickets and photo ID in person at the parish on either Monday or Tuesday between 10am and 4:30pm, or Wednesday between 10am and 6pm.
If the number in question is drawn on Wednesday, it will be declared invalid and another ticket will be drawn. Current ticket holders who want to take part in next week’s draw must go to one of three verification sites that will be publicized in advance, and must be present at one of the sites to claim the prize.