Times Colonist

Workers blamed for Universal fire


LOS ANGELES — A fire that burned through a large swath of the Universal Studios Hollywood property early Sunday was accidental­ly sparked by workers using heating tools on a film set, fire officials said yesterday. The blaze reduced a two-block area of the lot to ashes and burned through a set that has appeared in such films as To Kill a Mockingbir­d. The King Kong attraction featured in the tram tour of the lot was also destroyed. Nine firefighte­rs and a deputy sheriff suffered minor injuries, officials said.

 ??  ??

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Canada