Vancouver bus bursts into flames after malfunction
VANCOUVER — Vancouver firefighters were called to extinguish a blaze late Friday after a shuttle bus went up in flames.
The bus driver was heading north on Cambie Street when he noticed smoke coming from the dashboard of the bus and pulled over at 12th Avenue, near West Broadway.
The driver and six passengers safely made it out of the bus before flames overtook the vehicle.
Assistant Chief Kevin Wilson said investigators had determined the fire was sparked by a mechanical malfunction.
“The Vancouver Fire Department considers it a mechanical malfunction because the bus was being driven and the fire occurred in the engine compartment,” he said.
Wilson said no further information would be released.