Toronto Star

3 charged after driver reports abduction

-

Three men have been charged after a man called 911 Saturday, saying he had been run off the road on Highway 401 near the 407 and his passenger had been abducted. Witnessess reported three cars driving erraticall­y, but no abduction. Staff Sgt. Larry Masson said the call was “a diversion.” The man had a conditiona­l licence, and an “insignific­ant” amount of an illegal substance. He said the others were trying to “collect money.” Benjamin Bauer, 25, of Milton, faces possession and obstructio­n charges. Matthew Kettle, 23, and Brendan Coulombe, 25, both of Oakville, face assault and dangerous driving charges.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Canada