Innovation focus of Shelburne Entrepreneurs Expo on Nov. 15
An innovation-focused entrepreneurs expo being held at the NSCC Shelburne Campus on Thursday, Nov. 15 will be an informative and interactive day for existing and prospective entrepreneurs, say the organizers.
“Our goal in organizing this event is to help move innovation forward, to encourage innovation and creativity for new, existing and prospective entrepreneurs, and to showcase what is available to support innovation in our rural communities,” says Dixie Redmond, executive director of the Shelburne CBDC.
The Expo will take place from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and will include a keynote address from a South Shore entrepreneur and innovator; a session on fostering creativity; and a panel discussion featuring speakers who have successfully developed innovative ideas.
Organizers are ecstatic the event will also feature the Deloitte Discovery Zone, which is an immersive innovation environment. Discovery Zone will expose attendees to disruptive and enabling technologies and trends that often have an impact on businesses. Discovery Zone is a fun and interactive demonstration that will feature virtual and augmented reality, artificial intelligence, wearables, drones and Internet-of-things devices.
Attendees will have an opportunity to hear about the experiences of entrepreneurs who have taken business ideas to market and learn about resources and programs available to support entrepreneurs at various stages of business development.
The innovation-focused Expo coincides with Global Entrepreneurship Week (Nov. 12 to 18). The event is free to attend. No registration is necessary. For more information, contact the Shelburne CBDC by telephone 902-875-1133 or email: email@example.com, or visit https:// www.facebook.com/shelburneentrepreneursexpo.
ENTREPRENEUR’S EXPO SCHEDULE
• 9 a.m. Meet and Greet: Innovation Enablers Zone Opens – Organizations focused on helping advance innovative ideas.
Resources and Programs Zone Opens – Organizations that provide programs and services to entrepreneurs
* Muffins, fruit, coffee/tea/ water provided
• 9:25 a.m. Event Kick-Off: Opening Remarks
• 9:30 a.m. Keynote Speaker: Bill Smith, Neck Tronics Inc. – Successful Entrepreneur and Innovator
• 10 a.m. Fostering Creativity - Chris Pelham and Chantal Pelham-Edwards, Third Sector Enhancement Ltd.
• 10:45 a.m. Networking Break and Morning Prize Draw.
• 11 a.m. Panel Discussion Developing Innovative Ideas: Doug Jones – Entrepreneur and President of Ignite Labs; Guy Tipton – Entrepreneur and Founder of BrewWizz; Scott Dauphinee – Entrepreneur and Owner of The Lobster Trap Company; Donna Hatt – Marketing & Product Development Manager at White Point Beach Resort, and President of South Shore Tourism Cooperative
• 12:15 p.m. Lunch Break * Light lunch provided
• 1 p.m. Afternoon Prize Draw
• 1 p.m. Deloitte: Presentation on Disruption by Design Lab and Discovery Zone
• 1:30 p.m. Deloitte “Discovery Zone”:
–Discovery Zone is a fun and interactive demonstration that will feature virtual and augmented reality, artificial intelligence, wearables, drones and internet-of-things devices)
–3 Discovery Zone sessions for interested participants (30 mins per session)
–Note: For those not wanting to participate, being a spectator is fun and informative as well!
• 3 p.m. Closing Remarks