Crunchy Granola Parfaits
1½ cups (375 ml) Rolled oats ¼ cup (60 ml) Chia seeds ¼ cup (60 ml) Walnuts, chopped ¼ cup (60 ml) Apple sauce, sweetened
1½ tsp (7 ml) Cinnamon ½ tsp (2 ml) Nutmeg
½ tsp (2 ml) Allspice 2½ cups (625 ml) Vanilla yogurt, fat free
• Preheat oven to 325 F.
• Mix oats, chia seeds and walnuts together in a large mixing bowl.
• Whisk apple sauce and spices together in a small bowl. Pour over oat mixture and mix until well coated.
• Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Spread mixture over paper.
• Bake for 15 minutes. Stir granola and bake for another 15 minutes. The granola will be dry and golden brown when done.
• Portion out about 1/3 cup yogurt in each dish. Serve ¼ cup granola over the top.
Nutrition Information per Serving:
Calories 214; Fat 6 grams; Carbohydrate 32 grams; Fibre 6 grams; Protein 9 grams;
Sodium 33 milligram
Tip: Make the granola ahead of time. It keeps well for one week in the fridge in an airtight container.
4-Week Mediterranean Diet Program
The Mediterranean Diet is one of the healthiest and most delicious ways to eat. Learn how to choose foods, plan meals and prepare dishes the Mediterranean way.
Starts Thursday, Jan. 17, 9: 30 a. m. to 11: 30 a. m. Call Jennifer at 902-895-7382 to register.
Hungry for more? Like @ Sobeysdietitian on Facebook and Twitter for more tasty tips AND recipes or receive our schedule of events and Healthy Bits & Bites Newsletter directly to your inbox! Register at www.sobeyspharmacy.com/newsletter.