• BINGO - The New Minas Volunteer Fire Department has Bingo on Friday nights at 7 p.m., doors open at 6 p.m. Canteen available.
• BINGO - The New Minas Volunteer Department Auxiliary has Bingo on Monday nights at 7 p.m., doors open at 6 p.m. Canteen available.
• Tremont Board Game Café - 7-9:30 p.m. every first and third Friday at the Tremont Hall, 738 Tremont Mountain road. Many of the newest and coolest games, and some oldies in a friendly and relaxed environment. Cost is free. Info 902-765-4326.
• Card Party – At the Northville Farm Heritage Centre start on Nov. 7 and run until the end of April at 7 p.m. Come and play either cribbage or 45s. Cost is $4, door prize each week of $20.
• Chase the Ace – At Paddy’s Pub, Kentville weekly on Thursdays from 6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m., with Valley Cheer Athletics Association. Tickets: 1 for $2, 3 for $5 and 10 for $10. The winning number will be announced. If no one claims the ticket within 5 minutes, the phone number on the ticket will be called: the contact will have 15 minutes to arrive, or may permit a VCA volunteer to draw on their behalf. FB: Chase the Ace Valley Cheer Athletics.
• Community Playgroup – Tuesdays from 10 – 11:30 a.m. at the Canning Baptist Church, 2223 North Ave. Enjoy coffee, snacks and conversation while your children play in a safe environment – everyone brings a snack to share. For info contact Mary Grace Hawkes at [email protected] or 902-582-3227 or check out our Facebook page “Canning Playgroup”.
• Farmers Market Berwick Community Market - Open year round, every Saturday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Located at the Berwick Legion, 232 Main St. Come out and support your local producers and artisans. For info call Chris at (902)538-5815 or email chris48god[email protected]
• On going at Wolfville Legion Mondays – SOUP at 1pm. Enjoy soup, drink and dessert – free. Bring a friend. Tuesdays and Thursdays – Coffee from 10am – 12pm. $2 for coffee, tea and snacks.
Tuesday nights – 45’s card party -$5 per person
Thursdays – Darts -At 7pm. All skill levels welcome.
Fridays - Jam Session -At 7pm. All welcome to listen or perform.
• 45 Card Tournament — At the Belmont Community Hall at 1 p.m. Bring your own partner. Cash prizes. Light lunch served. Info: 902-757-2913.
• Library Book Club — At the Isabel & Roy Jodrey Memorial Library in Hantsport from 2–3 p.m. Join the club for a discussion of The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas. The book club meets on the first Saturday of each month. People may join at any time.
• Public Presentation on Tombstone Carver J.W. Board Game Night
• Bookmobile Visit — At the Hants Learning Centre in Windsor from 9:3010:30 a.m.; at the Brooklyn United Church from 11 a.m. until noon; and at the Summerville Fire Hall from 1:30–4:30 p.m.
• DIY Crafts — At the Isabel & Roy Jodrey Memorial Library in Hantsport from 3–4:30 p.m. Supplies and instruction sheet will be provided for a “do-ityourself” craft. Intended for youth ages six to 14 years. Children under 10 must be accompanied by an adult. Also held on Jan. 29. Avon Region Photography Club Board Game Night — Monthly General Meeting Dance Community Breakfast Dance
• “Have a Little Faith” Performance — Presented by the Accidental Actors at the Brooklyn Fire Hall. There will be a turkey supper, with doors opening at 5:30 p.m. and play beginning at 6:30 p.m. Cost is $35; tickets are available at Brooklyn and Windsor Home Hardware stores. Proceeds to go to the firehall’s auxiliary and to the Accidental Actors towards the purchase of sound equipment.
• Escape From the 1980s — At the Isabel & Roy Jodrey Memorial Library in Hantsport from 3-4 p.m. This is an escape room with an `80s theme and soundtrack. Intended for ages 12-plus, and `80s-style costumes are encouraged. Register in advance as space is limited. Sunday Book Club