Job Title: Copy Editor
Section: Editorial Department Duration of Employment: Permanent Job Holder Start Time: As soon as possible
1. Familiar with and interested in Chinese culture, particularly Beijing’s culture; without anti-chinese sentiments or behaviour
2. Those with majors in Chinese language and literature, or have been engaged in journalism for two years or above are preferred
3. Native English speakers with at least 2 years’ experience drafting written documentation in a professional context
4. Proficient in use of MS Office software, especially Word and Powerpoint
5. Professional integrity and devotion; teamwork and communication skills are a must
6. Ability to cope with pressure; adaptable and a fast learner
7. Those who can work full-time are preferred
1. Edit and/or proofread the English content of the organisation’s bilingual Chinese and English weekly magazine, Beijing. This involves editing and proofreading the text, also ensuring the translated work has been accurately translated into English and that the language is clear and appropriate. All work must be finished in accordance with the organisational work schedule
2. Edit and/or proofread the English content of BTMP’S special publications, as well as documents needed for projects BTMP undertakes. Ensure all work is finished in accordance with the organisational work schedule and the English language is correct and appropriate
3. Participate in projects and events organised by BTMP and fulfil specific work assigned by BTMP
4. Follow BTMP’S Stylebook, regularly update its content, and train other staff in its use
5. Fulfil any other duties temporarily assigned by BTMP
Beijing This Month Publications (BTMP) is an organisation of the Publicity Department of the Beijing Municipality. Its main task is to promote Chinese culture and the positive image of the Beijing Municipality in the Beijing weekly paper magazine, and to provide information for visitors to Beijing with regular publications such as Beijing Official Guide, Beijing Fact File and Map of Beijing.
In addition to these publications, BTMP organises cultural events, such as “World Photographers Focus on Beijing,” which has been run for more than 10 years. Pictures collected from this event are displayed in the “Charming Beijing” Photo Exhibition, organised by BTMP. These photography exhibitions have been mounted internationally including in the United States, the United Kingdom, Mexico, Italy, the Netherlands, South Africa and the Republic of Korea among other countries.
BTMP also provides English-language editing and graphic design services.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org