China Daily (Hong Kong)
Highlights of No 1 central document
According to the new policy document released on Sunday:
• Grain output will reach 650 bil
lion kilograms this year.
• A total of 6.67 million hectares of farmland resistant to floods and drought will be established this year.
• About 500 pilot zones for modern agriculture will be set up by 2025.
• The tap water coverage rate will reach 88 percent in rural regions by 2025.
• All problematic reservoirs will be renovated and reinforced by 2025.
• A “relatively complete” credit system will be built by 2024 to serve
stakeholders in agricultural operations.
• Authorities in provinciallevel
regions will report annually to central authorities on progress in rural
• A fiveyear “transition period” will be created for counties that recently escaped extreme poverty.
• China will move ahead with reforms in the collective land owner
ship system in the countryside.
• China will see “important progress” in modernizing agriculture and rural regions before 2025.
• China will in principle finish ter
ritorial spatial planning at the coun
ty level this year, an effort that will help determine the layout of villages and classification of lands.
• China will ramp up legislation and supervision for the construction of farmers’ homes and will work to rule out risks in three years.