Fried Lotus Root Sandwich
Fried lotus root sandwich is a traditional dish originated from Hubei Province. What makes it special is that during the frying process, the flavor of the lotus and the meat will blend together, and give the whole dish a special savor.
1 piece of lotus root, 1 lump of streaky pork, 1 egg, some starch, some salad oil, 4 grams of salt, 5 grams of scallion, 5 grams of ginger, 5 grams of cooking wine, 5 grams of light soy sauce, a little oyster sauce, flour, cornstarch, water, spiced salt.
1. Grind the streaky pork.
2. Add salt, scallion, ginger, cooking wine, light soy sauce, and oyster sauce into the ground meat and stir in one direction.
3. Peel the lotus root and wash it. Then chop it into pieces, making each piece about 0.6 centimeters thick. After that, make a cut into the middle of each thick piece but do not cut through. The depth of each cut should be about 2/3 of that piece of lotus root.
4. Stuff each lotus root sandwich with ground meat and press the sides together lightly to remove excess ground meat.
5. Take another bowl, pour the flour, cornstarch, salt, and water into it, and add the egg. Stir the mixture evenly with a pair of chopsticks until it becomes a smooth paste.
6. Cover each lotus root sandwich with a thin layer of starch and dip it into the mixed paste until completely coated.
7. Pour some salad oil into a pot and preheat the oil. Put the lotus root sandwiches into the pot and fry them until both sides are crispy and golden.
8. Drain the lotus root sandwiches.
9. Dip the lotus root sandwiches in spiced salt and enjoy.
(Translation: Li Lanxin)
1 2 3