- Assisted in establishing six nationally protected bonefish conservation zones in the Bahamas.
- Worked with Florida’s Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission and
anglers to implement catch-and-release-only regulations for tarpon and
- Mapped critical flats fishing areas in the Florida Keys that are helping to guide management strate
gies of the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary and Everglades Natio
- Launched a collaborative Juvenile Tarpon Habitat Initiative to identify, protect and restore juve
nile tarpon habitat.
- Created the first-ever permit-tagging program in Florida, Belize and Mexico, and improved permit fishing regulations
- Launched the largest study ever undertaken in bonefish reproductive science, a project designed to develop new tools for
- Conducted bonefish studies in Florida, the Bahamas, Mexico, Belize and Cuba that are being used to develop habitat and fisheries protections.