Calm an itchy scalp
An itchy scalp can be annoying and embarrassing. If you’re frequently scratching your scalp, then it could be more than just regular dandruff. There are various other factors that can cause an itchy scalp like ringworm, bacterial infection or dryness among others.
You can spend a lot of money trying various hair products to cure this problem. However, there are a few simple home remedies can possibly help you get rid of that itchy scalp.
1. Baking Soda: Baking soda has both anti-fungal and antibacterial properties that help to kill bacteria that cause infection, or itchiness. All you need is 2-3 tablespoons of baking soda and water. Mix it until the consistency is a thick paste and then spread it over your scalp. After 15 minutes, wash your hair with a regular shampoo.
2. Olive Oil: It has anti-inflammatory and skin protecting agents which help in healing itchiness or infection on scalp. Heat organic olive oil for around 7 seconds in microwave and apply it all over your head. Leave it overnight and rinse in the morning. Repeat twice a week for better results.
3. Tea Tree oil: Tea tree oil has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties which help in treating the itchiness by moisturizing and nourishing the scalp. Mix 5-7 drops of tea tree oil with 5-7 drops of olive or coconut oil and apply directly to the scalp. Massage thoroughly for few minutes and leave on overnight.
4. Coconut Oil: Coconut is loaded with anti-fungal properties that can treat itchiness and fungal infections. Oiling the hair with coconut oil can help balance moisture. Take the coconut oil and warm it for 10 seconds. Apply all over your head and let it to stay for at least 15 minutes.
5. Aloe Vera: Aloe vera gel is a natural moisturizer and helps in treating an itchy scalp because of its anti-microbial and soothing properties. Apply organic aloe vera gel directly to your scalp. Leave it for 15-20 minutes, then wash with lukewarm water. Repeat twice a week for better results. (eHow)