Stabroek News Sunday
A holiday gift guide
It’s Christmas time—the most wonderful time of the year, unless, of course, if you’re still not sure of what to get your loved ones. Despite how wonderful the season may be, it can also be quite a stressful time, especially if you’re shopping on a budget, or for a picky recipient, or with time running out, or all of the above. Your stresses may even be compounded by supply issues (it really is a thing) or shipping delays.
We’re happy to say we’ve got you covered! We’ve rounded up some great and affordable gift ideas. The best part? You can find them all here in Guyana, many of them made with love and cheer by small businesses. And honestly, we can all do with a bit of love and cheer this holiday season.
For the ones in need of self-care
If the past two years have taught us anything it’s that we need to take better care of ourselves. Self-care has become all the rage in recent years, and we get it. Life can be hard, and most of us deserve some TLC. If there’s someone in your life who loves selfcare (or perhaps someone who needs some more) then these businesses may have just what you need:
● SACH Guyana – SACH Guyana specialises in cruelty and GMO-free skincare products, including facial bars and oils. For Christmas, SACH Guyana is offering customisable holiday bathtub sets with your choice of a facial bar, soap saver, and bathtub soap dish. Christmas themed packaging is also available. Find them on Instagram @sachsoaps or in store at Lot 161 Waterloo Street.
● AYA – With a focus on minimalist natural hair care, AYA (which stands for “As You Are”) Hair Guyana is a new small business that is getting into the Christmas spirit with Christmas boxes packed with great products and services like video tutorials. AYA offers a $20,000 “luxe box” for the seasoned naturalista; a $12,000 “fresh box” for the new natural; and a customised box for those who may have more specific needs. Find them on Instagram @aya.hairgy.
● Iconic By K – If you’re looking to add a bit of luxury to your everyday routine, Iconic By K (literally) has you covered with a selection of Guyanese-made loungewear and accessories. Iconic By K prides itself on ethically made satin products, including robes, pillowcases, bonnets, and scrunchies. Prices range from as low as $1,000 to $6,000 and items are available in a range of beautiful colours. Find them on Instagram @iconicbyk or give them a call on 628-5463.
For the accessories lover
We get it; buying jewellery can be intimidating. What if they already have something like it? Or what if it’s just too expensive? There are so many things to consider when gifting jewellery. But what if we told you that you could buy unique and beautiful pieces that don’t run your pockets dry? Check these suggestions out:
● DOLNÍ, with love – If you’re looking for jewellery outside of the norm, DOLNÍ, with love may be able to help. This small business, launched earlier this year, offers lightweight and handmade polymer clay jewellery in unique designs that are bound to turn heads. If you’re in the market for something
Christmas themed, DOLNÍ has a limited jewellery bundle containing a ceramic jewellery box, a necklace, and four pairs of earrings – all for $6,500. For this and other options, check out DOLNÍ, with love on Instagram @dolni.hand made or call them on 655-9628.
● Purple Clover Jewelry – Purple Clover melds beauty and affordability with their luxury and demi-fine authentic jewellery. You can select from a wide range of earrings, rings, bracelets, and necklaces, charms, and anklets that offer you variety – from timeless pieces that’ll be favourites for years to come to | more modern pieces. Their new line of crystal trees is also sure to make a nice addition to an accessories lover’s collection. Find Purple Clover Jewelry on Instagram @purplecloverjewelry or visit them at 152 Barr Street, Kitty or in the Giftland Mall.
Turn to 19A