U.S. Open: Highlights and Fast Facts
• This year's champion became the first player since 1989 and only the seventh player in the history of the championship to win back-to-back titles at the U.S. Open.
• Tommy Fleetwood posted the round of the day on Sunday, firing a 7-under 63 to match the single round scoring record at a major championship and the course record at Shinnecock. Fleetwood finished alone in second place.
• The last five major championships have all been won by players trusting either a Titleist Pro V1 or Pro V1x golf ball (2018 U.S. Open – Winner; 2018 Masters – Winner; 2017 PGA Championship – Justin Thomas; 2017 Open Championship – Jordan Spieth; and 2017 U.S. Open – Winner).
• Seven of the 11 players who finished in the top 10 and ties at the U.S. Open trusted a Pro V1 or Pro V1x golf ball.
• Titleist was #1 in golf balls, hybrids, irons and wedges at the 118th U.S. Open. Here are the numbers inside the Counts: > Golf Ball – Titleist: 106 | Nearest Competitor: 19 > Hybrids – Titleist: 24 > Irons – Titleist: 43 > Sand, Lob and Approach Wedges – Vokey Design: 180
• This year marked the 70th straight year for Titleist as the #1 ball played at the U.S. Open.
Rafa Cabrera Bello holds up a prep (that will be molded into a Pro V1x inner core) during a tour of Titleist Ball Plant 3 in New Bedford, Mass.
Pro V1 Technology & Manufacturing