Adidas Primeblue Apparel & Footwear
Sustainably Primed For The Future
“We pushed ourselves in new ways with design and materials development to bring this apparel to life. We know golfers around the world will appreciate the performance features, but they will also feel good about buying a product that in a small way saves our oceans from plastic waste.”
- Shaun Madigan, director of global apparel, adidas Golf
On a committed tear to innovate in the area of sustainability through the use of their recycled technical material Primeblue, adidas’ intends to use only recycled polyester in all products by 2024. This season that includes apparel and the latest Codechaos21 footwear.
Primeblue is a high-performance recycled material made in part with Parley Ocean Plastic. Every day, the equivalent of 1440 dump trucks of plastic waste enter our oceans, so adidas took that plastic and turned it into a performance solution, keeping waste out of our oceans.
This season’s Primeblue range have a minimum of 95 percent, with a majority being made with 100 percent recycled polyester.
The apparel line includes:
• Two-tone Pique Polo (men’s) - features a hybrid set-in raglan sleeve with a mediumweight breathable fabric.
• HEAT.RDY Polo (men’s) – breathable and designed to keep golfers cool in hot weather.
• Short-sleeve Polo (women’s) - soft, lightweight feel, all in a modern silhouette.
• Sleeveless racerback (women’s) – stylish look with racerback construction featuring a quarter-zip mock collar
• Shorts (men’s and women’s) - men’s features a ventilated heavy mesh fabric with front and back pockets. Women’s features a four-inch inseam with two front-zip pockets to go along with one back pocket
• Quarter-zip Jacket (men’s and women’s) – men’s features a wind-resistant light fabric in a subtle v-neck and water-resistant sleeves. Women’s features a lightweight, raglan sleeve construction to enhance movement through the swing.
• A snapback hat made with 100 percent recycled polyester featuring the unique Primeblue logo will also be offered as part of the line.
Adidas is also pushing the boundaries of sustainability with the new Codechaos21. Designed to disrupt and redefine what golf footwear can look and feel like, the upper is now made with Primeblue recycled yarns containing more than 50 percent Parley Ocean Plastic. The fabric is also waterproof (one-year warranty), with overlapping microfiber panels on both sides of the shoe adding stability and protection.
Codechaos21 continues to feature what golfers loved most about the shoe the Twistgrip spikeless outsole for optimal swing traction; comfortable full-length boost cushioning and torsion X stability bar for added stability throughout the swing. Codechaos21 models with The BOA® Fit System also see improved pressure distribution, softer laces, and micro-adjustability for a customised fit.