10 WAYS TO STRENGTHEN STUDENT-TEACHER-PARENT CAMARADERIE
Teachers and Parents play a pivotal role in shaping and refining students’ personality and academic progress. A balancing act of camaraderie among student-Teacher-Parent can lay the foundation for a healthy students’ life.
1. Communication: A proper communication channel should be opened connecting Student-Teacher-Parent (STP) trio.
2. Frequent Meeting: There should be meeting of STP at least once a month strengthening the friendship.
3. ‘Sandwich approach’: Teacher may present positives of student; then point out weakness and the work that needs to be done to overcome the shortcomings.
4. Action Plan: STP may work together to evolve an action plan in dealing with the problems of students.
5. Encouragement: The intention of STP meeting should not be for highlighting the shortcomings of the student, instead, to encourage him/her to walk towards success.
6. Student’s Opinion: Give due importance to student’s opinion by allowing the student to speak about his/her problems.
7. Solution: While finding a solution for any student’s problems he/ she should be an active participant in suggesting a solution.
8. Face the Music:
A student should be convinced of what mistake he/she has done and why he/ she has to face the music for the same. In this open approach rebellion may be avoided.
9. Reward/appreciation: Don’t hesitate to recognize the good things done by the ward; so that there may not be rebellion when taking action against bad things for which he/she has been responsible.
10. Dream big: Inspire the student to dream big and achieve great heights.