NITC to de­velop al­go­rithm for an­ti­co­ag­u­lant drug users

BioSpectrum (India) - - ACADEMIC NEWS -

The Com­puter Sci­ence and En­gi­neer­ing Depart­ment of Na­tional In­sti­tute of Tech­nol­ogy, Cali­cut (NIT-C) is de­vel­op­ing a unique al­go­rithm that can help heart pa­tients to know the amount of an­ti­co­ag­u­lant drugs they should con­sume. NIT-C has signed a Mem­o­ran­dum of Un­der­stand­ing (MoU) with Sree Chitra Tirunal In­sti­tute for Med­i­cal Sciences and Tech­nol­ogy (SCTIMST) to un­der­take the project and col­lab­o­rate on health­care re­lated tech­nolo­gies. SCTIMST will pro­vide the dei­den­ti­fied pa­tient data, (INR- In­ter­na­tional Nor­mal­ized Ra­tio) val­ues, di­ag­no­sis and range of INR re­quired for each pa­tient to NIT-C for de­vel­op­ing the al­go­rithm us­ing ar­ti­fi­cial in­tel­li­gence and ma­chine learn­ing. The given data set will be di­vided into a ran­domly cho­sen 70 per cent for train­ing the sys­tem and the rest 30 per cent for fine tun­ing the pa­ram­e­ters. Once the al­go­rithm is de­vel­oped, mod­i­fied and tested, SCTIMST will re­lease it for pub­lic use.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from India

© PressReader. All rights reserved.