Padma-Shri Dr Pritam Singh, Director General-IMI
International Management Institute (IMI)
The primary goal of an educational institution is to effusively realize the potential of its students, enable them to make their individual mark and succeed in their chosen careers. Also, acquiring requisite skills and undergoing proper training via hands-on projects, workshops, site visits form an integral aspect for management students to face challenges with ease. International Management Institute has been productively shaping management careers since 33 years. The institute, registered as a non profit educational society under the Societies Registration Act 1860, was set up in the year 1980 in collaboration with IMI Geneva (now IMD Laussane). The need of the hour at that time was the foundation of such an internationally oriented management institute. Presently IMI is affiliated to AICTE, recognized by Association of MBAs, and accredited by NBA and SAQS. “Our USP is hiring the best faculty, who are backed by years of experience. 95% of our faculty is Ph.D in Management,” says the dynamic Padma-Shree Dr. Pritam Singh (Director General), who is an exemplar for students, academia, corporate heads and policy makers alike. When asked about the ranking of IMI on quality of education imparted and course content, the dexterous Dr. P. Singh asserts spiritedly, “In terms of quality, we rank amongst the top 3 and in course contents we are placed amongst the top 5; in Marketing specialization we are ranked 3rd, in HR as 2nd and in Finance as 5th (conferred by National HRD). Business Standard has ranked our quality of faculty as 3rd.”
• 2-year PGDM (Post Graduate Diploma in Management – tuition fees at Rs. 11.85 lakh)
• 2-year PGDHRM (Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management– tuition fees at Rs. 11.85 lakh)
• 3-year PGDMWE (Post Graduate Diploma in Management for Working Executives– tuition fees at Rs. 5.35 lakh)
• 15 months Executive PGDM (Executive Post Graduate Diploma in Management– tuition fees at Rs. 12.03 lakh)
• 4-year Fellow Program in Management– tuition fees at Rs. 80,000 for working executives and Rs. 20,000 for university lecturers)
Dr. Singh’s contribution to the educational sector in general and IMI in particular has won him several prestigious awards including ‘Padma-Shree’ in 2003, ‘Global Thought Leader’ by MIRBIS-Moscow in 2006, AIMA Academic Leadership Award 2009 - First Recipient, Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan Memorial Award: Teacher of Teachers in 2009, Lifetime Achievement Award by the Swami Vivekananda Foundation in 2006, TIE-UP California USA Outstanding Entrepreneur Award in 2002, to name a few.
A 2nd rank holder in UP in 10th and 12th examination and a gold medalist in graduation and post-graduation (HR & Leadership), Dr. Singh completed his Ph.D. from BHU and MBA from USA. The versatile Dr. Singh has served as a senior faculty at XLRI, Jamshedpur and had been the director of MDI and IIM Lucknow before venturing into educational entrepreneurship. Among the top 50 thinkers of India, Dr. Pritam Singh has been ranked 27th. Dr. Singh chairs several policymaking committees – both private and government, besides being the director of 50 reputed private and public sector organizations. He has provided consultation to 200 CEOs. He authored seven award- winning academic books. To add to his literary accomplishments, 60 plus research papers were published in various national and international journals.
Hallmarks of IMI
• First corporate sponsored business school of India • Ranked 6th by National HRD • Ranked 7th by CNN IBN • Course structure designed by Industry Academic Council • 70% of admissions considered on CAT score • Permanent faculty strength of 60 academicians; 95% Ph.Ds. in management • Digital library accommodating 22,340 books, 4557 online journals and 156 printed journals • Hostel accommodation with stateof-the-art facilities at Rs. 78,000 per annum • Student exchange programs with institutes in Europe, Canada, and Australia • 100% placement; 38 companies visited the IMI campus in 2012 and 41 in 2013. “Our Wi-Fi enabled campus is old, shaping management careers for the past 33 years now. We have three centers, one each in Delhi, Kolkata and Bhubaneswar. Our campus falls in a different league.
Dr. Singh’s contribution to the educational sector in general and IMI in particular has won him several prestigious awards including ‘Padma-Shree’ in 2003, ‘Global Thought Leader’ by MIRBIS-Moscow in 2006, AIMA Academic Leadership Award 2009 - First Recipient, Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan Memorial Award: Teacher of Teachers in 2009, TIE-UP California USA Outstanding Entrepreneur Award in 2002, to name a few.
The Delhi campus is spread over 3 acres. All centers are equipped with state-of-the-art facilities,” says Dr. Singh. Some of the big names of the industry of various segments have been regularly visiting the IMI campus to recruit the students. Few of the recruiters worth mentioning are Asian Paints, Aviva Life Insurance, Deloitte Consulting, Barclays, Axis Risk Consulting, JP Morgan, HSBC, KPMG, Tata Birla, BHEL, NTPC, IOC, Nestle and many more. “The average package IMI students get right at the start of their career ranges between Rs. 9.5 lakh to Rs. 15 lakh. The highest salary offered has been Rs. 18 lakh in domestic and Rs. 27 lakh at the international level,” says Dr. Singh. “A war is going to ensue in the business world soon where the fittest will survive. Only true warriors (business managers and executives) with a strong foundation and who are driven by passion and vision will succeed. India and the world need such warriors and we give shape to these warriors,” pronounces Dr. Singh audaciously. He winds up after a pause, “We envisage positioning IMI amongst the top 5 B-schools in the country.”
Padma-Shri Dr Pritam Singh, Director General-IMI
Dr Deepak Chawla, Dean Research & Fellow Programme